Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Orientation (Day 1)

Right now I'm sitting in the ballroom of the Double Tree Hotel. I just got here about a half hour ago, and orientation hasn't really started yet, but I've already met a lot of people! Right as my plane from Boston was about to take off, I checked my email on the airport wifi and I had an email from AFS about my welcome host family! Also, after my flight I talked to Janelle and she told me more about them. I'll tell you what I know so far (although I've never talked to them!):
They live about 25 miles north of Brussels (but still consider themselves a french-speaking family, so I will be learning French.)
I will be living with them until September 17th, and then I will either go to a permanent family or they will become my permanent family.
The family consists of two parents and two daughters, one 16 and one 18, but the 18-year-old is in Bolivia on exchange with AFS.
They will also be hosting another AFS student who is from Honduras!
A few days after I arrive with them, they are going to France for a week and I'm going with them! I have to say I'm pretty excited about that!

That's all I know for now, but my orientation officially starts at 5. I'll try to post soon after I get to Belgium!

No comments:

Post a Comment